If you are paying all of your debts in full under your plan, you may keep all tax refunds. If you are not paying your unsecured debts in full, you will have to pay in tax refunds unless you can show the court why it is more important that you keep the money rather than have it used to pay your creditors. As always, the court will balance your right to relief against the right of your creditors to be paid the money that is owed to them.
- The Effect of Filing Bankruptcy On Evictions and Foreclosures: Updated 2020
- THE EFFECT OF RECENT PURCHASES BEFORE FILING CHAPTER 7
- Effect of Filing Chapter 13 on Foreclosure: Questions and Answers
- Does Filing Chapter 13 Have Any Effect on Obligations Arising in Divorce?
- Starting the Process of Filing for Bankruptcy