Yes. Your payments can either go up or go down after the case is filed. Changes are usually based on a change in income or expenses (such as when you change or lose your job). However, how much debt you are repaying during the plan is a factor that comes into play in changing the payment, and this may restrict what you can do. You have to discuss your specific situation at the time of a change with the lawyer to see exactly how this will work for you.
- The Effect of Filing Bankruptcy On Evictions and Foreclosures: Updated 2020
- THE EFFECT OF RECENT PURCHASES BEFORE FILING CHAPTER 7
- Effect of Filing Chapter 13 on Foreclosure: Questions and Answers
- Does Filing Chapter 13 Have Any Effect on Obligations Arising in Divorce?
- Starting the Process of Filing for Bankruptcy