Under the Georgia Code, title pawns are not the same as auto loans. Auto loans are “purchase- money” loans used to finance the purchase of a vehicle, whereas title pawns are similar to the sale of a vehicle to a pawnbroker at the time the “loan” is made… subject to a specific “right of redemption”. As the result, the treatment of a title pawn in bankruptcy is different from the treatment of an auto loan, and poses problems. Read more “Saving a Title Pawn in Chapter 13”
- The Effect of Filing Bankruptcy On Evictions and Foreclosures: Updated 2020
- THE EFFECT OF RECENT PURCHASES BEFORE FILING CHAPTER 7
- Effect of Filing Chapter 13 on Foreclosure: Questions and Answers
- Does Filing Chapter 13 Have Any Effect on Obligations Arising in Divorce?
- Starting the Process of Filing for Bankruptcy